In your search for a potential client, it is your business card that the client, most often, sees even before meeting you or calling for a meeting. An impressive business card communicates much about you and your company. A business card must reflect the character and personality of you and your business. It should be professionally crafted and eye-catching.
The design and print of your business card should speak for you. Below are few things that you should keep in mind while getting a business card:
- A business card should reflect the nature of your business and communicate what your business can offer to the clients.
- The design of the business card should be eye-catching to an extent that it remains on top client’s mind.
- Business card should convey the important features of your services or products and what they stand for.
- Your card should communicate to the client how important the client is for your business.
- You can search good designs for cards on websites that have thousands of readymade templates. These templates are produced by professional graphic designers and you can customize them easily.
- If you plan to design a business card yourself, convert it to CMYK color which is the only color system used in digital or offset printing.
- Before uploading a digital design, get a proof copy for verification and approval. The printing should be allowed only after necessary corrections and modifications, if any.
- If you happen to get a hard copy for proof reading, check for the contrast and sharpness of print and ensure that the colors are vibrant.
- The paper should be of good quality and brand. UV – coated material provides vibrant gloss and a laminated feel.
- You should protect your visiting or business card with a coating popularly known as the UV-finish. The UV-finish coating will make your business card water resistant. The coating will also prevent your business card from fading due to sunlight.
- Do not compromise on the image quality. You should only use high-resolution images on your business card. There should not be any pixels visible on your business card. Pixels will make your card look of cheap quality.
- Choose a printing company that uses good quality printing materials for your business card. Ensure that the material has enough thickness to be able to maintain your card’s shape. The material should also be flexible enough to prevent any creasing.
A good quality business card can go a long way in impressing your clients even before they know or meet you. In a world, where first impression is the last impression, make sure that your business card creates the right image for you in your client’s mind.