There are many types of Roofing Systems a homeowner can choose, depending on the type of home and roof they have. It is important homeowners are properly prepared for making the right choice for their roofing needs so they can be sure their roof will be able to properly protect their home for many years to come. With this information, homeowners will better understand the different types so they will be prepared to make a sound decision.
A roof that is low sloped has these options:
* A built-up roof membrane is made of layers of tar and gravel.
* Metal panel roofs are becoming an increasingly popular choice.
* Polymer bitumen sheet membranes are similar to BUR roofs, but the fabric is used instead of gravel.
* Thermoplastic and thermoset membranes are cured for a strong finish.
* Spray foam based roofing systems can be made in different thicknesses.
Steeply sloped roofs have these options:
* Asphalt shingles are the most common roofing system application.
* Clay or concrete tiles add a decorative and lasting roof application.
* Metal roofs are perfect for steeply sloped applications.
* Slate is a lasting choice for steep sloped roofs.
* Wood shakes or shingles are a prime choice for certain types of homes, such as bungalows.
* Synthetic roofing materials are becoming increasingly popular for steep sloped roofs.
A roofing contractor can help a homeowner determine which Roofing Systems will be most beneficial for protecting their home and improving its appearance. It is important homeowners inspect their roof a couple of times a year and have any issues repaired before bigger problems begin to develop. Putting off repairs can lead to the need for a full roof replacement.
The roofing contractor will come out to the home and inspect the roof. They can then offer the system choices so the homeowner can make a sound decision that fits in with their budget needs. If your home is in need of roofing repairs or a new roofing system, visit Toledoroofrepair.com. They are the roofing experts homeowners can rely on to protect their investment by making sure their roof is sound. Call them for your appointment today to get started.