A veterinarian, also known as a vet, is a professional who practices among animals by treating diseases, disorders, and injuries. They are also responsible for ensuring the animal is well cared for, is in good health and is current with all vaccinations. A vet may work in an animal hospital, an animal clinic or offer a mobile Vet Service in Johns Creek.
Types of Services
There is a range of services provided for the animals you love, from simple routine check-ups and dental visits to surgical procedures. Other procedures include:
- Preventive medicine. This service includes vaccinations, nutrition counseling, wellness services, and client education. For older pets, geriatric care is also provided.
- Diagnosis and treatment. Services for diagnosing and treating include veterinary laboratory, including hematology, chemistries, endocrinology, virology, parasite diagnosis, and cytology. Aid for services may also include advanced diagnostic equipment such as digital radiography, electrocardiograms, and digital otoscopy.
- Dentistry services. This includes routine dental care as well as extractions.
- Surgical services. Surgical services may include routine procedures such as spaying and neutering to more complex surgeries.
Bringing a pet to a veterinarian will assure that they are receiving the best quality of care from a highly trained and passionate professional and staff. It is important to choose the right professional for your beloved animal’s needs.
Types of Veterinarians
There are multiple types of Veterinarians, who each possess their own specific training, qualifications, and experiences.
- General Companion Animal Practitioners. This type of veterinarian has a 4-year training at a veterinary school. These practitioners will generally practice in private medicine.
- Veterinary Specialist. This type of veterinarian completes the four years of vet school but also complete a four-year residency program and take a board exam.
- Holistic or Alternative Veterinarians. Holistic veterinarians are those who have completed veterinary school and received licensing but who have a holistic approach to veterinary medicine. This can include practicing Acupuncture, Chinese Herbs, Chiropractic care, and Massage Therapy.
Vet Service in Johns Creek is just as important for your pet as going to the doctor is for people. Making sure the veterinarian is licensed and properly trained can make all the difference for the animal. Be sure to ask lots of questions and do research ahead of time when the need for veterinary care arises. For more information on the many services offered, visit Ahnfc.com today.
Like us on Facebook.