Special celebrations deserve attention to detail. They also require the perfect event venues. Long Island offers many different choices, but how do you go about selecting the right one? Whether it is a wedding, a birthday party, a Bar/Bat Mitzvah, a baby shower or an anniversary, it is important you choose a venue that will make the day memorable.
Planning in Advance
The first rule of thumb for any event is to plan long before the date of the special occasion. Never leave the selection of the place to hold the event until last. Event Venue in Richmond and other places in New York City require careful selection and advance booking – unless, of course, you do not care where the event is held. In some cases, you will need to book the required halls or event venues a year in advance.
Look for Comfort
You want your guests to feel relaxed. Unless it is a business meeting, be sure to consider the comfort aspect of any hall that falls under consideration. Comfort is not simply about physical luxury. It also involves spatial consideration.
You need to think about the number of guests who are intending to come. Will the event venues you are considering be able to handle them comfortable? Visit the various venues available for the time period and ask yourself these questions:
• Are there enough seats?
• Are the seats comfortable or hard wooden pieces of furniture?
• Are there enough tables?
• Is there sufficient space between the seats and the tables to allow for maneuvering? This includes the ability of people with various disabilities including wheelchairs and walkers to move freely and without hindrance
• If there is going to be dancing is there space for a DJ and/or MC and/or band?
• Is there a space people can dance on without causing major upheaval among the seat arrangements?
• If you decide to go buffet or the caterer does, is there room for this arrangement?
While different types of events require different kinds of comfort level (with business meeting being the most variable), it is important to look at this particular aspect. These people are your guests. The last thing you want them to do is to leave the event with memories of discomfort. The day is a time for everybody to enjoy. Finding comfortable event venues in Long Island may prove a challenge, but they do exist. Make the effort to visit each potential site. Talk to the manager and get their assurance, in writing, that the venue will hold all your guests in comfort.